What are the treatment options for vascular disease?
- Stents- A stent is placed to open a vessel and improve the flow of blood.
- Angioplasty- A balloon catheter is used to open blocked arteries.
- Laser Atherectomy- A catheter is used to remove plaque from the vessel wall and collect debris. This is a minimally invasive procedure.
- Thrombectomy- During a thrombectomy, your doctor uses a catheter break up a clot and evacuate it from the body.
- By-pass Surgery- During the by-pass surgery, your surgeon grafts a new pathway for blood flow. This is done using one of your own veins or a synthetic tube.
- Genetic Medication Therapy- Genetic medication therapy uses your own DNA to help generate personalized treatment.