PAD Awareness Month
Posted November 13, 2019
Center for Vascular Medicine wants you to know that September is PAD Awareness month. Center for Vascular Medicine is offering FREE screenings during the month of September so we can catch PAD early. Approximately 8 million people in the U.S are affected by PAD. PAD- peripheral arterial disease, causes dangerous clots in the leg. With time, plaque hardens and narrows the passageway in your arteries blocking blood flow. This dangerous condition can cause stroke or heart attacks, but with proper screening can be treated. Early detection can improve your quality of life or even save it. Check below for a screening location and time near you at the Center for Vascular Medicine.
Are You At Risk?
- Most common in adults over 50
- Smokers 4x more likely to develop PAD
- 1 in 3 people over 50 with diabetes is likely to have PAD
- High Blood Pressure & High Cholesterol increase risk
- African Americans are 2x as likely to have PAD
FREE Screenings at Center for Vascular MedicineGreenbelt:
- Wednesday, 28th from 12:30-1:30pm
- Wednesday, 21st from 11:30-12:30pm
- Thursday, 22nd from 11:30-12:30pm
Back to Main | Share