Approximately 8 million people in the U.S are affected by PAD. PAD- peripheral arterial disease, causes dangerous clots in the leg. With time, plaque hardens and narrows the passageway in your arteries blocking blood flow. This dangerous condition can cause stroke or heart attacks, but with proper screening can be treated. Early detection can improve your quality of life or even save it. Check below for a screening location and time near you at the Center for Vascular Medicine.
Are You At Risk?
- Most common in adults over 50
- Smokers 4x more likely to develop PAD
- 1 in 3 people over 50 with diabetes is likely to have PAD
- High Blood Pressure & High Cholesterol increase risk
- African Americans are 2x as likely to have PAD
- Wednesday, 28th from 12:30-1:30pm
- Wednesday, 21st from 11:30-12:30pm
- Thursday, 22nd from 11:30-12:30pm
Posted in: pad awareness month