Types Of Vascular Disease
Types of Vascular Disease
- Aortic Disease: the aorta is the largest artery in your body and any insufficiencies or irregularities in the aorta may cause aortic disease.
- Carotid Artery Disease: occurs when plaque builds inside the carotid arteries, which can cause a stroke.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis: occurs when a blood clot forms deep in a vein, normally occurring in the legs.
- Peripheral Artery Disease: is a build up of plaque reducing blood flow.
- Renal Vascular Disease: affects blood circulation causing damage to the kidneys or high blood pressure.
- Upper Extremity Vascular Disease: a blockage in the vessels that travel between the chest and the hand.
- Vascular Pelvic Pain: chronic iliac pain, usually seen in women.